Welcome to the microTracker website, the home of FIELD at the Aspen Institute’s nationwide data base on the activities, scale, effectiveness, and outcomes of U.S. microenterprise development organizations (MDOs).
MicroTracker (MT) is a set of data tools and services that empowers MDOs to assess and improve performance and communicate the value of their work to funders. MT also helps stakeholders view and understand the U.S. microenterprise industry.
• DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS SERVICES that provide critical insights and improve MDOs’ ability to collect and use high-quality, rigorous data.
• STANDARDIZED METRICS that allow users to track and compare MDO activities, effectiveness, and client outcomes--over time, to relevant industry peers, to other MDOs in a state, or to the industry as a whole.
• A NATIONWIDE DATA SET housed at microTracker.org that provides a picture of the activities, scale, effectiveness, and outcomes of U.S. MDOs.
Do you need credible data on your organization’s micro and small business outcomes to support fundraising and program management?
Do you want to understand how entrepreneurs fare after receiving a loan or business development assistance from a micro or small business development organization?
EntrepreneurTracker offers an affordable way for organizations to collect credible, standardized outcomes information and for stakeholders to understand the power of this work with key data such as:
• Business start and survival rates
• Jobs supported
• Changes in revenue
• Hourly wages paid to workers
• Movement out of poverty
Why do industry leaders use microTracker? These short interviews with microenterprise leaders share how and why they use microTracker to make the case for their organizations and explore internal performance management questions.
Do you want to know how your loans are performing compared to similar microenterprise organizations? Or if you are reaching your target markets on par with the field? Tackle these questions, and many more, by utilizing microTracker’s data analytics tools. FIELD has developed two step-by-step guides (with more to come) that clearly illustrate how to find and use microTracker data in order to benchmark your program’s performance on a variety of measures, including business development services and lending.
MicroTracker and Benchmarking Webinar Series
FIELD staff introduce data analytic and benchmarking examples specific to the microenterprise industry, using microTracker.org. Episode 1, "microTracker: Is Your Data Working (Hard)?"provides a detailed overview of the data and simple analysis tools on the site. Episode 2: "microTracker: Comparing and Improving" takes users through the advanced benchmarking tools microenterprise program managers can use.